Department: Mechanical Works
Project Location(s): Utah, US
Education: Bsc. | Msc.
Compensation: 22K per annum
- Designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems by developing and testing specifications and methods.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs and applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and properties.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; and soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and system capabilities; and confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; and requesting special services.
- Maintains system and product data base by writing computer programs and entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Requirements analysis
- Design skills
- Presenting technical information
- Equipment maintenance
- Conceptual skills
- Quality focus
- General consulting skills
- Control engineering
- Production planning
- Technical zeal
- Job knowledge
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (Master’s preferred)
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer
- Experience working in the mechanical engineering field
- Superior computer skills, with solid experience in CAD, CAM, and Matlab/LabView programs Key skills for mechanical engineers
- Effective technical skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Team-working skills.