Registered nurses (RNs) are required to complete at least two years of formal education and obtain a state license in order to work in a nursing capacity
Department: Health Services
Project Location(s): Utah, US
- Restores and promotes patient’s health by completing the nursing process.
- Collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
- Provides physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with patients and their families.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and hospital or regulatory standards.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; medication administration and storage procedures; and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information and participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Clinical skills
- Bedside manner
- Infection control
- Physiological knowledge
- Administering medication
- Medical teamwork
- Multitasking, listening, and verbal communication
- Health promotion and maintenance
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Active applicable state licensure
- Clean background check and clean drug screen