Project Location(s): Utah, US
- Utilize plasma, gas or electric arc in welding metallic and composite materials together
- Heat and dissolve metal parts to obtain molten substance used in welding or extrusion
- Oversee the installation of tank linings, valves, lead pipes, and floor
- Conduct x-ray, hydrostatic, and tolerance tests on welded parts to verify weld quality and conformance to specification
- Operate manual and semi-automatic welding equipment in vertical, horizontal, or overhead positions
- Use power-saws, chipping knife and hand shears in cutting, beveling, and contouring metal work-pieces.
- Repair structures by dismantling, reshaping, and reassembling metal components using cutting torches and hand-tools
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local and international building codes/legal requirements
- Monitor work equipment to ensure usage is within optimum temperature to avoid overheating or expansion
- Prepare metal surfaces by cleaning with chemical solutions and wire brushes to remove impurities such as scale, rust, grease, and moisture
- Design patterns and models for a welding project using specifications contained in a blueprint
- Direct electrodes on or across metal workpieces to melt, bend or straighten them
- Mount and secure workpieces on production equipment using cranes, hoists or banding machines
- Conduct estimates to determine the amount and cost of materials required for construction
- Mix and apply protective or decorative coat on finished products.